Pages

Monday

The Beachbody 21-Day Ultimate Reset--My Diary--Day 20






 The Ultimate Reset--Day 20--Phase III--Day 6 of RECOVER:

Heading into the home stretch.
Day 20 means tomorrow is the last day of my reset. I’d like to say now that I am very pleased with the way I am feeling. I understand now that it is not just my body that has been reset, but my mind as well. I don’t look at food in the same way at all. I never thought fruit alone for breakfast would sustain me (I was nervous when omitting the detox mixture that I wouldn’t be full enough). I never thought I would be okay with omitting dairy and animal protein. I didn't see how I would get enough protein in my daily diet. I didn't have any idea how great I would feel.

Breakfast- So today I am again enjoying my beautiful fruit breakfast. Every day it seems the fruit is more appealing, tasting sweeter.

Lunch: Jicama-Avocado Salad

Lunch - The jicama-avocado salad was super simple to make and a hit—one I know I will repeat. There was a long period of time in my adult life where I ate salads because I thought I needed to, not so much for health as weight loss. I have learned to really enjoy salads, often prefer them, and the variety of ideas in this program has been great.

Dinner- was also very simple; Asian stir-fry vegetables. I was still not at my own home so did not have all of the ingredients (almost all) so I am encouraged to make this again with all the spices. I had all the veggies but know it would have had more flavor with the sesame oil and fresh ginger. Still the plate of veggies was so colorful and appealing, and utterly satisfying. I braised kale to go along (don’t remember if I ever “braised” anything before). It was quick to cook; another trick to add to my cooking repertoire. I opted out of the brown rice with dinner, since I felt I didn't need it to be satisfied. I am anxious for tomorrow and the days/weeks ahead.
Dinner--Asian Stir-Fry and Braised Greens




Dinner-- Asian Stir-Fry and Braised Greens

No comments:

Post a Comment