Pages

Sunday

The Beachbody 21-Day Ultimate Reset--My Diary--Day 19

The Ultimate Reset--Day 19--Phase III--Day 5 of RESTORE:

 Traveling when you are on a special meal plan is always a challenge. Luckily I am traveling by car so I was able to bring with me what I need. It is not like I will be away from civilization either, there are plenty of choices for grocery stores nearby if I find I am missing anything important.

Breakfast- By now you know the drill—breakfast was, once again, a delicious bowl of fruit. Okay, ‘till now I have not missed anything but this morning there was coffee brewing and bacon cooking. Although they are both not important to me, or a part of my regular diet, the smell of both of them was awfully enticing.

Lunch- Today everyone was going for a walk by the creek and then stopping at a little cafĂ© (one of my favorite places) for lunch. I stayed on track and ate my lunch before we left. Then I was able to sit and enjoy everyone's company while they ate their lunch.  I added bok choy and zucchini along with the green onions in the hearty vegetable miso soup. The micro-green salad I have had  so many times is still appealing. I finally had used up all the dressing and needed to make more.
Roasted beets, kale, and tempeh--not my favorite dinner

Dinner- So honestly tonight’s dinner was not my favorite on this program. If anyone had told me even six months ago that my dinner would be roasted beets, tempeh, and greens I wouldn’t have believed them. I didn’t feel like going to the store for collard greens so I substituted kale as my greens and still used coconut milk. I think the collard greens are a better combination with the coconut milk but it was still okay. In my opinion, the beets are much better when combined with other veggies such as in the roasted root medley recipe from before. Tonight felt more like I was eating simply because I needed to, and not for any measure of enjoyment (or even curiosity).

I am out-of-town at my mother’s house with my brother and niece and nephew (my kids are home working) so of course there is a surplus of cookies in a cookie jar—Isn’t that what grandmas do? As many times as the lid has come off that jar I have not been tempted. That is pretty amazing, and a wonderful feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment